2015 NORTH SAILS WARP F2015 - - Requires Special Order - Please Allow 2-3 weeks delivery - or view Sails in Stock page.
World Cup Racing
The ultimate World Cup racing sail. Radical, incredibly fast and yet still manageable even by the less experienced thanks to its unrivaled soft cam rotation. Due to the new three-stage SIZESPECIFIC.DESIGN all WARP F2015’s are designed to be more individual than ever before to match the specific wind conditions:
1. 6.3 and smaller are designed for maximum high-end stability and v-max, to avoid the sail from becoming unstable and moving around even in extreme gusts
2. Thanks to the LUFF.LIFT.DESIGN all sizes from 7.0 and up have an increased lift to generate instant power and acceleration when sheeting in or during pumping.
3. On the 8.4 and up the preshaping has been increased whilst the luff curve got reduced. This leads to even more low-end power and clearly more efficient pumping ability.
Also totally new is the adjustment of the POWER.CONTROL.RATIO. Starting from the competition weight of the ideal PWA Slalom Racers (90-100 kg) all WARP F2015’s have the optimum balance between maximum acceleration and optimum control when overpowered.
The secret of the perfect race sail lies in the balance of the various performance factors. Effective pump-ability and maximum acceleration are often at odds with the desire for superior speed and optimum sail control when overpowered. So far any improvement of the acceleration power has always been accompanied by a deterioration of the high-end control.
Not so with the WARP F2015. Designer Kai Hopf addresses this problem with the SIZESPECIFIC.DESIGN which individually defines all technical specifications for each sail size. This has a significant impact on the performance curve, so that the sizes up to 6.3 m2 have a different character than the sizes from 7.0 m2 or 8.4 m2 up. The sails flexibility plays a significant role, which Kai defined size by size with the help of the SIZESPECIFIC.FLEXIBILITY.
For the performance of the new WARP F2015, this means:
- The smaller sails have a reduced "momentum". Once the board and rig are perfectly aligned to each other, the speed goes up continuously as soon as you sheet in or you hit a gust.
- On 6.3 and smaller the emphasis is on maximum draft stability (both in horizontal and in vertical direction) to avoid the sail from becoming unstable even in extreme gusts.
- Thanks to the LUFF.LIFT.DESIGN 7.0 and up inflate super fast in order to provide immediate power and acceleration when sheeting in or pumping.
- From 8.4 and up the new WARPS are designed to offer more flexibility and momentum. This improves the planing because the deep profile instantly “pulls” the rider onto the plane whilst the top acts as a valve. An amended seam shaping plus a reduced luff curve increases the pre-shaping. As a result the big WARP sizes are even more elastic with considerably more effective pump-ability and even more low-end thrust.
The package is rounded off with size-specific adjustments to optimize the POWER.CONTROL.RATIO. On water and comparison tests have shown that there can be "too much" power and acceleration. If this is the case, the rider is struggling so much with the rig that the optimum rake, an acceptable handling and efficient transmission of the sail power into board speed are no longer guaranteed. Loss of speed and control are the result. Therefore designer Kai Hopf has found the perfect balance between maximum acceleration and optimum control when overpowered for each size of the new range, matching the weight of the prototypical PWA slalom racer (between 90 and 100 kg).
On the water, you immediately feel the amazing effects of these technical measures: the small WARP F2015 sizes are even faster, the big sizes are even more powerful and much more flexible. What remained are the legendary maximum speed and impressive high-end control!
> 01 NEW: SIZESPECIFIC.DESIGN: Thanks to three different, size-dependent concepts each sail size is individually matched to the wind strength
> 02 LUFF.LIFT.DESIGN (7.0 and above): The increased profile in the upper luff enhances the lift and leads to a striking improvement of low end power and acceleration
> 03 PROGRESSIVE.LOOSE.LEECH: The upward-increasing loose leech bleeds power peaks off over the top
> 04 NEW: POWER.CONTROL.RATIO: Optimal ratio between maximum acceleration and optimum control, size specifically adapted to the ideal PWA Racer (90 - 100 kg)
> 05 NEW: Shorter softer masts (7.7 and above): Makes the bigger WARP F2015 become more flexible, which makes the extra power easier to control and less physical
> 06 7.BATTEN.DESIGN: Makes the WARP F2015 the lightest monofilm Race sail on the market
> 07 MODERATE.CUTAWAY.CLEW: Less blow out / hinge-effect for more power and more direct acceleration
> 08 INSTANT.ROTATION: Special batten profiles in conjunction with the HYPER.CAMS make the WARP the best rotating race sail on the market and provide significantly faster acceleration after shifting
> 09 Less weight due to MINI.PROTECTOR and super light iROCKET batten tensioner
> 10 INDEPENDENT.SHAPING.CONCEPT: Improves batten rotation, control and acceleration
> 11 NEW: 9.0 LW: special light-wind version designed to win races at the minimum wind limit. Super powerful through extreme deep profile and even wider mast sleeve (available Jan. 2015)
> 12 4.7 SPEED: Dedicated speed sail made especially for ultimate downwind courses at the limit. Tested by Erik Beale!
Mast Type: Best//Alternative
Mast Length (cm): Best/Alternative
Mast Geometry: Best/Alternative
Speed 177 405 -- 7 4 4.6 Platinum//-- 400 SDM/--
5.2 183 412 -- 7 4 4.8 Platinum//-- 400 SDM/--
5.7 193 439 -- 7 4 5.0 Platinum//-- 430/400 SDM/--
6.3 199 455 -- 7 4 5.2 Platinum//-- 430 SDM/--
7.0 211 475 -- 7 4 5.6 Platinum//-- 460 SDM/--
7.7 223 480 -- 7 4 6.0 Platinum//-- 460 SDM/--
8.4 230 501 -- 7 4 6.3 Platinum//-- 490 SDM/--
9.0 245 519 -- 7 4 6.5 Platinum//-- 490 SDM/--
9.0 LW tbc tbc -- 7 4 6.5 Platinum//-- 490 SDM/--
9.6 248 529 -- 7 4 6.6 Platinum//-- 490 SDM/--
Add this product to your cart below